SIMS Learning Gateway
Please note: If you have been issued an invitation for SIMS Parent please click here for further information. Please do not use the link below to logon as it will not work.
We will be phasing out the SIMS Learning Gateway by January 2018 and issuing invitations to all parents for SIMS Parent.
Barking Abbey School uses SIMS Learning Gateway (SLG) to allow parents to view information regarding their children. The information is held on a secure website and can be access from any location. The SLG gives you access to attendance information and assessment summaries, timetables and end of term reports.
Usernames and Passwords are issued to each parent/guardian that has parental responsibility. Usernames and Passwords will be sent out via the post in separate letters for security reasons and may not arrive at the same time, please keep these safe until both have arrived.
Help and Support
To help you get started using the SLG we have produced a Parent User Guide. This should contain all of the information you need to login to your account, change your password, how to view your child’s information and how to view reports etc. This should be the first place to look if you get stuck.
Accessing the SLG should be fairly straightforward, however, if you do experience any difficulties please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the problem, your full name, your child's name and form group. Please also take note of the following points regarding access to the SLG:
- You must login to the SIMS Learning Gateway at least once every six months. For security reasons, accounts that aren’t used very often are automatically disabled. Logging in to the SLG regularly will ensure that your account stays active and you won’t need to request a new password.
- The first time you login to the SLG you should setup a security question and answer. This will allow you to request your password to be emailed to you should you forget it. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the Guide above.
- Because of the sensitive nature of the information held in the SLG the system requires suitably complex passwords. All passwords must conform to the following requirements:
- Must not contain your username or parts of your full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Must be at least 6 characters long
- Must have at least one CAPITAL LETTER
- Must have at least one lower case letter
- Must contain at least one number OR at least one non-alphanumeric character (e.g. !, #, $, %)
- Must not be any of your previous 3 passwords