I am delighted to welcome you to Barking Abbey. We expect everyone here at Barking Abbey to be the best they can be.
We are very proud of our long history of successfully supporting students in achieving their goals through education that will prepare them for the rigours and demands of the 21st century and enable them to develop into successful, well rounded young people.
We help students to develop self-discipline, self-worth, independent thought, motivation and confidence in a learning environment that ensures every student fulfils his or her potential.
Our last four Ofsted inspections have judged the Barking Abbey to be, Good, Very Good or Outstanding under different inspection frameworks. At the last inspection the Behaviour and Safety of pupils was judged to be ‘Outstanding’.
In an ever-changing educational landscape with Progress 8 now the new headline Performance Measure for schools, we are delighted and proud to announce that Barking Abbey achieved the highest Progress 8 score in the Borough for 2016; it was also significantly above the London and National Average.
Barking Abbey’s Progress 8 score of +0.41 means that students are making close to half a grade more progress than the national average in each subject.
My commitment is that each child's educational journey at Barking Abbey is positive, enriching and successful. Our dedicated staff provide:
- World class teaching and learning
- Outstanding pastoral care which means every student is treated as an individual
- An inclusive and challenging curriculum that supports individual needs and offers opportunities for all students to make outstanding progress
- A regular and robust assessment process so that all parents can clearly follow their child's progress
- A programme of high quality enrichment classes, in academic, cultural and sport-related fields
I hope you find all the information you need on our website but please get in touch if you would like to find out more.
I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to Barking Abbey School.