The GLP in England aims to create a national network of like-minded schools, committed to equipping young people to make a positive contribution to a globalised world by supporting their teachers to deliver effective teaching and learning about development and global issues.
Oxfam, one of the GLP consortium partners, has recently been working with Barking Abbey to develop school-led CPD sessions for other schools in the GLP. This training will meet the aims of the GLP and will focus on embedding global citizenship into the curriculum and school ethos.
As education becomes increasingly school-led, Barking Abbey is taking the lead in designing and delivering customised CPD that has a direct impact in the classroom. Through this project, the school has developed bespoke CPD tailored to meet the needs of other GLP schools. Barking Abbey delivers training to staff teams in other schools as well as dated courses to be held at Barking Abbey.
School to School CPD
This course enables you to attend two twilight sessions from three options:
- Cross curricular working (CCW)
- Active global citizenship (AGC)
- International School Partnerships (ISP)
The dates for these sessions are flexible. Two twilight sessions can be combined for a half day session and the content can be tailored to meet schools’ requirements. We can also deliver bespoke training at your school to your staff team, on the 3 topics listed above.
- To explore what Global Learning is and why it is important – Barking Abbey’s perspective.
- To share Barking Abbey’s approach to whole school Global Learning.
- To develop practices and principles of cross curricular working (CCW).
- To explore active global citizenship in schools (AGC).
- To advise schools on effective development of international partnerships and the International School Award (ISP).
- To encourage teachers to trial activities in the classroom in order to feedback and discuss pupil impact
Course aimed at
KS2 and KS3
Curriculum subjects explored in this course
Maths, English, Science, Geography, History, RS / RE, Citizenship, PSHE, MFL, DT, Music, Art, Drama, PE. Media Studies, IT, Business Studies, Sociology
Curriculum development; Teaching and learning; Development of whole school ethos; Pupil leadership; Pupil behaviour and values; School awards (e.g. Fair Trade School, RSSA, ISA etc.) If you are a GLP registered school you can use your free e-credits on this course. If you would like to register as a GLP school go to https://globaldimension.org.uk/glp
Find out more and to book a place: